ADSM-L

Re: Eternal Data retention brainstorming.....

2002-08-16 10:02:15
Subject: Re: Eternal Data retention brainstorming.....
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:02:12 -0600
        You are correct, the data in the primary pool and the copypool would
be expired on the production database. Since the copypool tapes are not
being reclaimed, the data will still intact on the copypool tapes, it's just
that the production database no longer knows where it is. With the DBBackup
we take and set aside, ~that~ DB will have pointers to the data on the
un-reclaimed copypool tapes.
        So in the case of a restore from of that older data, I would have to
restore the old database (to a test host) attach it to a drive, mark the
primary tapes as unavailable and feed the old copypool tapes into the
library during the restore.

That's my theory at this point.

Ben