ADSM-L

RESTORING TO FOREIGN HARDWARE (DIFFERENT RAID CONTROLLERS)

2002-08-16 06:55:24
Subject: RESTORING TO FOREIGN HARDWARE (DIFFERENT RAID CONTROLLERS)
From: Michael Swinhoe <mike.swinhoe AT UK.ZURICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:51:37 +0100
I have hit a brick wall and I need some help.

I am currently trying to restore some Compaq servers running W2K with
different Raid Controllers (3200 & 5300).  I have successfully managed to
recover a Compaq server with a 5300 raid controller onto a Compaq server
with a 3200 raid controller.  However when I try to do the opposite the
server blue screens.  Has anyone tried to do the same and if so which
registrey keys needed changed or is the solution simpler than this?  Or is
there a piece of software out there that would make the process run more
smoothly with out much manual intervention.

Thanks as always,

Mike.

Regards,
Michael Swinhoe
Storage Management Group
Zurich Financial Services (UKISA) Ltd.
E-mail:   mailto:Mike.Swinhoe AT UK.Zurich DOT com

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.