ADSM-L

TSM Client on SGI

2002-08-15 10:57:18
Subject: TSM Client on SGI
From: "Short, Anne" <anne.short AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:57:37 -0400
I've installed TSM version 5.1 on an IRIX box but get the following when I
tried to start it:

                32052:dsm: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname
'libdm.so' under any of the filenames
/usr/lib32/libdm.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libdm.so:/lib32/libdm.so:/opt/lib32/
libdm.so:/usr/lib32/libdm.so.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdm.so.1:/lib32/libdm.s
o.1:/opt/lib32/libdm.so.1:

I searched the archives and found the following exchange:

                Fred, we went through that...........answer:

                 eoe.sw.dmi is the package.....found this by running this
command:
                         versions long|grep libdm.so

                 Kent Monthei
                 GlaxoSmithKline

                 "Fred Johanson" <fred AT midway.uchicago DOT edu>

                 Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT
edu>
                 20-Mar-2002 14:14
<ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>

                         To:     ADSM-L
                         Subject:        ADSM on sgi system

                 I received this from one of my users.  This is a platform
that we do not
                 support internall, but if anyone wants to use it, we try to
answer any
                 questions they have.
                 Can any one help me on this??

                 >I am trying to install ADSM on a sgi system but get the
error on start
                 >up     can not Successfully map soname 'libdm.so' under
any of the
                 >filenames /......../... and so on.
                 >Could you run a query on this I need to find out were to
get this file.
                 >Ian

But I'm not sure what to do with that information.  An IRIX guru I'm not!
How do I fix the libdm.so problem and what does eoe.sw.dmi have to do with
it??

Also, when I downloaded the version 5.1 software, there was a note that said
that it was "at v4.2 functionality"; what does that mean?  They just slapped
a new version number on the old version?  Would that be 4.2 with or without
all the latest fixes?

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!

Anne Short
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg, Maryland  20879
301-240-6184
CODA/I Storage Management