ADSM-L

Deleting 'specific' EXPORT volumes

2002-08-14 16:48:41
Subject: Deleting 'specific' EXPORT volumes
From: Theresa Sarver <IFMC.tsarver AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:24:35 -0400
Hi all;

I was told this week that I had to setup some sort of disaster recovery ASAP.
As the company never purchased DRM 2 years ago when they implemented the
server, I just decided to export the node as a quick and dirty way to take care
of this request (until DRM get's purchased and installed).

My question is this, I'll be running an export node every Sunday (in the
interim), and these (4) tapes are taken offsite to be returned after 30 days.
However, the last day of the month I am to run an export node, and these tapes
will not be returned for 6 months.

I need to find someway to discriminate between "EXPORT" volumes when deleting
the volhist - as not all of these will be deleted after 30 days.  Is this even
possible?  I can't find anyone on adsm.org who's successfully made this
happen...read about lots of people who want to do this though.  :>

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks - Theresa