ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-14 15:28:56
Subject: Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:58:10 -0400
Kai, we have a configurable GUI that we're beta testing.

It's web-based.

You tell a configuration file what objects (ie stgpools, drives, policysets,
etc) you want,
and what fields to display for each one of those;

Then it builds (for each object) a table of all (let's say) stgpools, one
stgpool per line, with those fields shown.
The data for the fields is editable, so you just look, change what you want,
and hit update.

A very cool thing is that in addition to the "update" action on a record,
you can define custom actions.
For example, for "stgpools", you can define a "migrate" action, which runs:
        upd stgp <pool-name> hi=100; upd stgp <pool-name> hi=5 lo=0;
   that is, set highmigration point up, then down to reliably kick off
migration.

The end result is that with 2 or 3 clicks, you can do the common jobs - and
customize them to your taste.

Let me know if you want to test this out.
Mr. Lindsay Morris
CEO, Servergraph
www.servergraph.com
859-253-8000 ofc