ADSM-L

Re: W2K - BMR - using GHOST

2002-08-14 11:06:55
Subject: Re: W2K - BMR - using GHOST
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:57:03 -0400
What we have been doing is creating a container first using the DELL
<CTRL-A> Utility.
We then boot off a bootable CD ROM that has the ghost image on it.

This image has W2K, TSM Client, and drivers, etc.. that allows us to
connect to TSM Server and start the restore.

I think this gets around the problem you are talking about???
Do you know what could be causing the system object restore to quit before
it completes successfully?

Thanks,
Marc

                    "Cowperthwaite,
                    Eric"                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <eric.cowperthwait        cc:
                    e AT EDS DOT COM>                Subject:     Re: W2K - BMR
- using GHOST
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    08/14/2002 10:38
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Ghost will work, if your drives are attached to a SCSI HBA. If they are
attached to a RAID HBA you're out of luck. You can't load the RAID HBA
drivers at DOS boot time and Ghost won't be able to find your RAID volumes.

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
Senior Consultant
EDS