ADSM-L

Re: Multiple logical libraries for 3584

2002-08-14 10:08:51
Subject: Re: Multiple logical libraries for 3584
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:43:20 -0500
You should be able to do this -- I'd suggest shutting down TSM for an hour
or so and play with the 3584 front-panel menu for configuration. I question
the approach, however.

If you REALLY need to keep copypool tapes seperate from primary pool tapes,
I'd use a different range of volume numbers for the copypool and not permit
scratch tapes.

Realisticly, if all that get checked out are copypool tapes and TSM database
backups there shouldn't be a problem. I control that by naming conventions.
I have six (I think) copy pools, all of which end in -COPY; my checkout
process takes the result of 'q vol stg=*copy acce=reado,readw', checks them
out, and changes the access to offsite.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc