ADSM-L

Re: Tape Performance on 3580

2002-08-13 12:04:26
Subject: Re: Tape Performance on 3580
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT DATATREND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:58:47 -0500
LTO drives will "crawl" unless they are streamed.

The LTO blocksize should be set as high as possible, 256KB is not to
large.

If your disk and application cannot write at 15 MB/sec, the best you can
expect is a few MB/sec.  There is no in-between.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
IBM Premier Business Partner
121 Cheshire Lane, Suite 700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT datatrend DOT com

Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
08/13/02 09:24 AM