ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-13 10:57:04
Subject: Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:57:33 -0400
Jeffrey,

The windows admin GUI was part of the ADSM 3.1 Windows client.
You can download it from here:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/adsm/fixes/v3r1/win32/intel/single/

I seem to remember you need to install it in a DIFFERENT directory than the
current TSM client, even if you only install the admin GUI, so you don't
stomp some common files.

I don't remember for sure, but you probably have to select CUSTOM during the
install and specifically select the admin GUI (as that would not be part of
a normal client install for non-administrators.)

It normally installs in the saclient (instead of baclient) subdirectory.
You will need a dsm.opt file in that directory.  You can just copy one from
your baclient directory (although the only parameter you actually need in
it, is TCPSERVERADDRESS  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx )

Remember that this was an ADSM 3.1 feature; the biggest thing it is missing
is windows that help you define drives and libraries.  The biggest advantage
(I think) is that when you display a list of something (management classes,
storage pool volumes, etc.) you can just do the windows thing an CLICK on a
column heading to sort on that column.  Also when you have a list of
something displayed, pull down from the menu VIEW-> INCLUDE, and you can
specify things to filter on so you get a smaller list to work with.