ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle with EBU and AIX

2002-08-08 13:25:43
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle with EBU and AIX
From: "Renke, Chris" <CRenke AT ELLIOT-HS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:57:14 -0400
Had similar troubles getting RMAN to work with Tivoli.

My Environment
        AIX 4.3.3
        Oracle 8.1.7 (32bit)
        TDP for Oracle 2.2.1

1. Can the TDP talk with your TSM Server?  See Chapter 5 in Install Guide.

2. Did you relink when oracle instances we stopped:
        Relinking RMAN and TDP for Oracle
        Relink Oracle8i Version 8.1.7 RMAN with TDP for Oracle by performing
the
        following steps:
        1. Shut down all Oracle instances that use
        $ORACLE_HOME
        2. Go to the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory.
        3. Remove the libobk.a symbolic link:
        $ rm $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.a
        4. Symbolically link the library file to libobk.a:
        $ ln -s /usr/lib/libobk.a $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.a
        5. Start the Oracle instances.

        Make sure you signoff after the relink and sign back in.

3. Verify the v$backup_device table
        Run in SQL/Plus:
        select * from v$backup_device;
                DEVICE_TYPE = SBT_TAPE