ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle with EBU and AIX

2002-08-08 10:35:37
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle with EBU and AIX
From: Bernie M <borismilo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:51:54 -0700
Thanks Brian
> Do you still have libobk.a
> located in your tivoli install directory for the
> oracle client?  My install path
> is /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin, so I have
> /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/libobk.a linked to
> /usr/lib/libobk.a.
I am actually rather confused by where libobk.a was
before I did the uninstall of the TDP. Since
uninstalling, the error I got was it couldn't find
libobk.a but I went through my backups searching for
libobk.a and it just didn't exist. I was assuming tsm
would backup up the symbolic link if it was in
/usr/lib but according to the backup, there was no
libobk.a on disk, it only existed in my oracle 8.1.7.0
and oracle 8.1.7.1 directories.

I am thinking that it isn't really worth pursing this.
I can just move my planned upgrade forward and use
RMAN with the Oracle TDP. I just wanted to get my
backups sorted out before I went but such is life.

Thanks again,
Boris