ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad usage

2002-08-07 09:12:10
Subject: Re: dsmcad usage
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:51:49 -0400
We've been using the MANAGEDSERVICES option with the CAD service at one of
our major client locations for several months now on the 4.2.1.32 client
level with great success. Our missed/failed ratio had gone way down. Now
we're only backing up about 150 win32 servers. We have a .BAT file that does
the services install. We call it SERVICE.BAT.

REM SERVICE.4.2.1.32.BAT
REM
REM  This file will install the TSM Remote Web Interface services
REM
REM  Change the following set statement if the NODENAME is different than
the COMPUTERNAME
REM
set NODE=%COMPUTERNAME%
set PWD=<supply a password>

REM
REM Install the TSM Scheduler
REM
dsmcutil install /name:"TSM Schedule Service" /node:%NODE% /password:%PWD%
/clientdir:"C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\BACLIENT" /optfile:"c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt" /autostart:no /startnow:no
/eventlogging:no

REM Install and start the Client Acceptor service..
dsmcutil install CAD /name:"TSM Client Acceptor" /password:%PWD%
/CADSCHedname:"TSM Schedule Service" /clientdir:"C:\Program
Files\tivoli\tsm\BACLIENT" /optfile:"C:\Program
Files\tivoli\tsm\BACLIENT\DSM.OPT" /autostart:yes /startnow:no /node:%NODE%

REM
REM Now install the Remote Client Agent...
dsmcutil install REMOTEAGENT /name:"TSM Remote Client Agent" /password:%PWD%
/clientdir:"C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\BACLIENT" /optfile:"C:\Program
Files\tivoli\tsm\BACLIENT\DSM.OPT" /node:%NODE%

REM
net start "TSM Client Acceptor"