ADSM-L

Re: Help with corrupted data --> "DSMSERV AUDITDB INVENTORY FIX=YES"

2002-08-06 09:15:39
Subject: Re: Help with corrupted data --> "DSMSERV AUDITDB INVENTORY FIX=YES"
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 06:05:01 -0700
Trick if performing an audit of your diskstorage,
ie, if needing to clear references to volumes that don't exist anymore.
Make sure all of your data is migrated to tape.
Note the placement of all your disk storage.
Create a macro that will delete all disk storage volumes.
        (if possible, troubled volumes might not delete...)
Create a macro that will define all your disk storage volumes.
Run the macro to delete all the disk storage volumes.
NOW AUDIT YOUR DATA BASE FOR DISKSTORAGE
Run the macro to define back all your disk storage volumes.
Back to normal...

I had some hung references in the past that wouldn't let me delete a disk
volume that didn't exist any more.
Even with all my disk storage empty, an audit of the diskstorage ran about
2+ hours...
I did the above trick and it ran in just a very few minutes (or was it
seconds)

FYI...

Dwight