ADSM-L

Re: Typical Management and policy classes..

2002-08-06 02:02:19
Subject: Re: Typical Management and policy classes..
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:00:33 -0500
Nilsson,

We keep five versions of user-created data.  If the file is deleted we keep
the last version for 400 days (13 months).
Our default settings are two versions and 180 days.
We have a "system" class of two versions and 30 days.
We do archives on some of the data for historical and/or legal reasons.  We
keep five-week-retention archives and monthly permanent archives.  Again,
not all data - even user-created data - gets archived.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

                    Nilsson Niklas
                    <ninil@WMDATA.       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    COM>                 cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Typical Management and
policy classes..
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    08/05/2002
                    04:45 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi...

Just wondering how many versions and how long you save your TSM data...

Anybody running Weekly and Monthly backups or only incrementals forever?!?

Regards Niklas