ADSM-L

Re: Help with corrupted data --> "DSMSERV AUDITDB INVENTORY FIX=YES"

2002-08-06 01:33:31
Subject: Re: Help with corrupted data --> "DSMSERV AUDITDB INVENTORY FIX=YES"
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:33:35 -0500
I last did a full AUDITDB several years ago, and it took a week. Now it
would be an impossibility, as it is for you too. Call support and ask
about auditing just a part of the database at a time. For instance, I
once audited just the part that covered the online disk storage pools
with the undocumented option:

  dsmserv auditdb diskstorage fix=yes ...(other options)

This took less than an hour, and fixed my database corruption. (Your
Mileage *WILL* Vary!!!)

There may be other special options that let you break up the audit
process further into manageable chucks; call Tivoli support.