ADSM-L

Re: Defective Scratch Tapes

2002-08-05 09:50:54
Subject: Re: Defective Scratch Tapes
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:11:07 -0700
That is not the behavior I've seen...

If for some reason a scratch tape fails a mount (like it can't read the
internal label) what I've seen in the activity log is an error message that
states "~~~ volser xxxxx being set to PRIVATE to prevent further access ~~~~
"

I don't have the specific message number but I have seen it in the past in
my AIX server environments with 3494 ATL's & 3590 drives.

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103-4606