ADSM-L

Bizarre Delete Volhist behaviour on AIX 4.3.3

2002-08-04 19:02:36
Subject: Bizarre Delete Volhist behaviour on AIX 4.3.3
From: Justin Derrick <jderrick AT CANADA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:36:26 -0400
The system in question is an RS/6000 H80 running AIX 4.3.3 ML 9, both
on TSM 4.1.3.0 and 5.1.1.0.

The volume history file hadn't been cleaned out in a very long time
(since 1997), and when we went to clean it up with the following
command:
       del volhist todate=12/31/1999 type=dbbackup
It returned saying that it had deleted 55 entries.  When I queried
the volhistory again, the first dbbackup entries were from 1998.
When I issued the command again, TSM reported that 0 entries were
deleted.

The system was installed early last year, and the TSM database was
migrated from an old RS/6000 590 running AIX 4.3.3 at a lower
Maintenance Level.

Any insight into the problem would be appreciated.

-JD.