ADSM-L

Re: Backups of a file when it hasn't changed.

2002-08-03 10:14:10
Subject: Re: Backups of a file when it hasn't changed.
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 10:02:00 -0400
I too have seen this same phenomenon. Our environment is TSM 4.2.1.9 Server
on AIX 5.1. Clients  where I have seen multiple backups of files are on
Windows NT/2000. It is puzzling because we have COPYMODE of MODIFIED in our
management classes. I have various files on my Win2000 workstation that have
not changed but have been backed up three times.

I have been looking into this and am beginning to wonder if a product like
DISKEEPER that defrags the drive could cause this?

John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company