ADSM-L

Re: Backups of a file when it hasn't changed.

2002-08-02 17:04:17
Subject: Re: Backups of a file when it hasn't changed.
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:06:11 -0500
Copy mode is set to modified, and has been since day one (Nov, 2001).  I
assume if the copy mode was set to absolute, every file would backup every
time... and that is not happening.  It just appears TSM is backing things
up randomly.  I checked the file details using the TSM restore utility, and
each version of the file was absolutely identical, with the exception of
the backed up date.

I see this condition Netware servers, mostly.  I don't recall running
across this condition on NT/W2K or my AIX servers.

Todd

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Rushforth, Tim"    |
|        |          <[email protected]|
|        |          PEG.MB.CA>          |
|        |          Sent by: "ADSM: Dist|
|        |          Stor Manager"       |
|        |          <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED|
|        |          U>                  |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          08/02/02 03:29 PM   |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor    |
|        |          Manager"            |

  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                              |
  |      cc:
                                       |
  |      Subject:     Re: Backups of a file when it hasn't changed.

Check that your copy group "copy mode" is not set to absolute.

Is this windows? Are file permissions being changed?