ADSM-L

Re: Help on a TSM bat file for NT

2002-08-02 16:10:44
Subject: Re: Help on a TSM bat file for NT
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:47:00 -0500
Remove the "s" in %dates%

It should be %date%

Give that a try.

Matt Adams
Tivoli Storage Manager Team
Hermitage Site Tech
Deloitte & Touche USA LLP
615.882.6861

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Hefty [mailto:R.Hefty AT LABSAFETY DOT COM]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 3:15 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Help on a TSM bat file for NT

Hello All,

I am attempting to create a bat file that will automate an archive for some
data on the NT/Win2k platform.  What I am having difficulty with is passing
the date variable into the description.  So far I have:

D:
:SETVAR
set date/t=dates
 Cd D:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\
dsmc Archive -archmc=36-MONTH-ARCHIVE -desc="Freight Archives for Monthend
Prior to: %dates%" D:\temp\test\*
pause 5

When it completes it runs the archive fine only the description is lacking a
date stamp.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob Hefty
IS Operations
Lab Safety Supply
- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information