ADSM-L

Re: Managedservice

2002-07-30 16:11:38
Subject: Re: Managedservice
From: Manuel Sanchez <manuel_j_sanchez AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:09:57 -0700
Thomas,
On AIX, DSMCAD is the Client Aceptor Daemon, and it
will let you establish sessions using any browser (
IE, Netscape, etc.), however it will not start the
scheduler.
To start the scheduler use: nohup dsmc schedule.
This is the output of the ps command grepping for
dsmc:

my_server:/ $ ps -ef|grep dsmc
    root 16522     1   0   Jun 18      -  4:14
./dsmcad
    root 19100     1   0   Jun 18      - 22:52 dsmc
schedule
    root 27066 34528   1 16:07:08  pts/4  0:00 grep
dsmc

Manuel

--- "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
wrote:
wrote:
> Hi TSM-ers,
>
> is my understanding correct that on
> AIX I just start DSMCAD and let it start the
> Scheduler and/or the Client
> Agent
> and on
> Windows NT/2000 I have to define all 3 Services (TSM
> Client Acceptor, TSM
> Remote
> Client Agent and TSM Schedule) but only start the
> TSM Client Acceptor?
>
> Thanks for your support!
>
> Greetings from Austria
> Thomas Rupp