ADSM-L

TDP's (RMAN and DOMINO).

2002-07-30 06:37:51
Subject: TDP's (RMAN and DOMINO).
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:36:09 +0100
All,
      Two questions to ask regarding experiences with API's.

I'd like some feedback if possible before pursuing PMR's and Enhancement
Requests..

RMAN for Oracle..

      When 'cach migrated files' is set a primary disk pool, RMAN is unable to
work out 'real space' in the
the pool when 'caching' is relatively high. This results in failures of RMAN
backups.
 Local fix --Turn off disk caching in Primary pool.

      We like to have one primary backup pool to service Backup and Rman , and
one primary archive pool on disk.
The backup pool we want cached where possible (which currently cant be achieved
on servers using RMAN).
The KISS principle applies here... We do not want to segregate down to further
storage pools.

Is anyone else seeing this , and would you like to see it  resolved????

TDP for Domino..

      We are using W2L on X Series IBM H/w as a platform for this..
We devolve the restoration to the 'mail team' who have some serious issues with
the GUI, and are having to 'resort' to
the command line to achieve restores.

I quote from the team ...

Hopefully you are aware of the limitation of the GUI and in particular that it
only allows overwrite restores.  We need the capability to restore to a
separate location and the current practice of PC DUO and command line driven
restores is unacceptable.

One of the issues that is causing GUI problems is too many mailboxes for the
m/c's memory space.. Tivoli stated
this would be addressed at the next  PTF for Domino..

Again, is anyone else seeing this , and would you like to see it  resolved????

Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917

Mobile      +44(0) 7768 361-885
email:      bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

http://adsm.uk.deuba.com
Group mail ADSM_ADMIN AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.