ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.0.0 Client Problems

2002-07-26 08:42:48
Subject: TSM 5.1.0.0 Client Problems
From: Donald Coleman <coleman AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:41:05 -0400
This was a brand new install on a NT 4.0 machine that has all the most
current patches etc.
I have upgraded my TSM version it on my own NT server (same patch levels)
with no install problems.

During the install on the problem machine there was a couple of errors that
I recall had to do with "Control Functions" but the install seemed to
complete OK.

Here is the current situation:

1) The Scheduler won't autostart on re-boot even though it is set to do that.
You can go into Services and start it manually.
You can also stop it with no errors.
However when you try to start it manually you get the following error message:
"Could Not Start the TSM Schedule Service
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly"
and it doesn't start.
If you try to start it again, it starts with no error message.

2) The Journalling Service
I get the same error message on both my machines.
Starts OK on re-boot.
When you attempt the stop the service you get the following error message:
"Could not stop the Journal Service
Error: 2186: The service is not responding to the control function"

The service does stop however. and manually starts with no errors.

3) Any opinions on the Journalling Service:
       a)  as far it slowing down the server in order to keep adding to the
journal files
       b) any notions of what size to limit the journal files to. Of course,
this
will be related to the number of files on the server, but any ball-park sizes?