ADSM-L

Re: Backing up DB2/SAP R/3 to TSM

2002-07-26 03:00:10
Subject: Re: Backing up DB2/SAP R/3 to TSM
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:57:36 +0800
Hi Lindy,
        The message reference states:
SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media "<media>". Reason code:
"<reason-code>"
Explanation: An unexpected error occurred while accessing a device, file,
ADSM or the vendor shared library during the processing of a database
utility. The following is a list of reason codes:
1
        An attempt to initialize a device, file, ADSM or the vendor shared
library failed.
2
        An attempt to terminate a device, file, ADSM or the vendor shared
library failed.
other
        If you are using ADSM, this is an error code returned by ADSM.
The utility stops processing.
User Response: Ensure the device, file, ADSM or vendor shared library used
by the utility is available and resubmit the utility command. If the command
is still unsuccessful, contact your technical service representative.

Someone has experienced the same problem as follows also using DB2:

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0205/1124.html

Check permissions and accessibility (including the directory structure of
the file, also check the ownership is right) under Unix. The following may
not be
the correct perms. If the file is not readable/accessable it makes sense an
error will be returned:
>$ ls -l /opt/db2udb/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a >-r-r-r-1 bin bin 93664 Apr 17
2001 /opt/db2udb/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a

According to the API return code at:
http://www.uni-giessen.de/hrz/htmldocs2/tsm41/apic/ansa0015.htm

Error code 400 is listed as follows:
#define DSM_RC_INVALID_OPT 400 /* invalid option */

What option it's referring to I do not know. Check through your TSM server
option files for correct configuration regarding the client etc.

Mike.

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)     This email is confidential and may contain legally priviledged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and
delete the document.

2)     All emails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies
are scanned for content.  Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
subject matter will be reported to the email administrator of all
parties concerned.