ADSM-L

Re: Gigabit Ethernet Performance

2002-07-24 22:49:15
Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet Performance
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:47:31 -0400
=> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:33:06 -0400, Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT
EMORYHEALTHCARE DOT ORG> said:

> Thomas,

> I tried two FTPs, one to the machine itself, then to another machine,
> using 100MB cards...

> Here is my output..

[..]

Don't trust this if you're staying on the same machine.  On AIX, at least,
you're going to be pushing the loopback, regardless of which IP you try to
use.  Watching monitor -a while you attempt these exercises can be very
helpful there.

On my SP, I got about 100 Mb on both 100Mb and Gb interfaces; I thought I
might be running into some dd bottleneck or something, but the switch
interface was rock-solid at >200Mb.  (which seems slow, for a SP Switch, but
that's a different problem)

Allen S. Rout