ADSM-L

Re: INCLEXCL not working as expected on Windows XP client

2002-07-23 08:27:38
Subject: Re: INCLEXCL not working as expected on Windows XP client
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:10:40 +0300
RTFM "Using the Backup-Archive Clients": This is not a bug but the default
behaviour of TSM: Tivoli Storage Manager evaluates all EXCLUDE.FS and
EXCLUDE.DIR statements first, and removes the excluded filespaces,
directories, and files from the list of objects available for processing.
You can do something like:
INCLUDE "C:\Documents and Settings\...\*.*"
EXCLUDE "C:\...\*.*"
but beware, because your whole directory hierarchy will still be backed up
as well as any other drives.

On 23.07.2002 10:39:21 "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote:

> We back up some Windows PCs to a TSM 4.1.5.3 server running on AIX 4.3.3.
> We usually restrict the backups to the "C:\My Documents" folder by having
> appropriate INCLEXCL statements in the server's CLIENTOPT set.
> This has been working just fine for Windows 98 clients.
>
> However, with Windows XP clients I have been unable to obtain this
> desired restricted backup policy.  I did install the TSM client 4.2.2.0,
> following the advice on the ADSM list, so Windows XP support should be
OK.