ADSM-L

Re: General TSM Q's

2002-07-22 14:54:11
Subject: Re: General TSM Q's
From: "Bratlie, Allen" <Al.Bratlie AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:52:27 -0500
Mark,

I am unaware of any formula to figure this out, but in my experience this is
very odd. In some recent testing of Windows 2000 nodes restored from TSM on
MVS I was able to restore 1.9 Million files (45GB) in 18 Hours over 100 Mb
Ethernet. Usually when I have seen restore times like you are reporting we
have tracked that down to a duplex mismatch on the NIC. We are currently
trying to track down a duplex mismatch problem we are experiencing where the
Cisco Switch is hard coded to 100Mb/Full Duplex, the NIC in the client nodes
are set to 100 Mb/Full Duplex, and we are still seeing duplex mismatch
errors on the switch. These systems take more than 10 times as long to
backup\restore as we would expect.

-Al