ADSM-L

Re: AW: AIX Upgrade with TSM

2002-07-22 14:40:44
Subject: Re: AW: AIX Upgrade with TSM
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:47:47 -0700
>I would certainly say that you are increasing your chances for problems
>by upgrading two things at once. It is so much simpler to diagnose
>problems if you only upgrade one at a time - do TSM separately from AIX.

>Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     rogerd AT uic DOT edu

Believe me I would not be so bold as to upgrade these at the same time. I'm
after some info from anyone has already done this to get some insight into
the problems I face. Was there an order of upgrade, first AIX then TSM or
vice versa?  Will the AIX upgrade look at all the options I have installed
and do them or do I still need to go back and update some packages that
might have been skipped. I've never had to do complete OS upgrade on AIX
just patches.

On this particular server I went ahead and upgraded the TSM server version
to 5.1.1.1 and will work on the AIX portion later. If anyone has any other
pointers on the AIX upgrade I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer