ADSM-L

question about Netware 6 and Groupwise TSA/GWTSA

2002-07-22 10:35:23
Subject: question about Netware 6 and Groupwise TSA/GWTSA
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:28:46 +0200
hi,

Does anyone know anything about the backup and specially the recovery of
Netware 6 Groupwise?
Does TSM support the TSA and GWTSA modules to backup the Groupwise
databases online? Downtime is not an option in this case. We also thinking
about using st Bernard OFM to backup Groupwise, anyone has experiences to
share?

It seems that Veritas had written a module to backup Groupwise online by
using the GWTSA module and so... Tivoli Development, any plans??

The groupwise enviorment is approx 15 GB. We do not have problems with
making a select backup every day. I also saw that some people use a
incl/excl and do a online backup with a large of open file retries. Are you
able to restore/recover the Groupwise database correctly by using that method?

looking forward to hear your experiences and ticks (maybe treats)

Thanks

Peter

met vriendelijke groet,
with regards,