ADSM-L

Re: command file execution

2002-07-22 10:20:47
Subject: Re: command file execution
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:18:45 -0400
Don,

I agree with all that you state below... and that is how I thought it worked as
well.
Here's what's really happening in my case though.
I execute a command schedule to recycle Backup Exec services on NT servers (we
use Backup Exec to backup 100s of Exchange servers to TSM).  We have Backup
Exec set up to use TSM as its robotic library
(virtual device).  Once the Backup Exec services come back up, Backup Exec
creates a session with TSM to "confirm" the robotic library that it's
connecting to.  This connection hangs out on the TSM
server until the idletimout parm in TSM kicks it out.

NOTE:  Backup Exec is a Veritas backup product that we use to backup only
Exchange data.

Below is the output of a show session command of 1 of the sessions that I'm
referring to.

THE QUESTION: Does "Last Verb ( EndTxn ), Last Verb State ( Sent )" mean that
TSM sent a message back to the client to end the session?  Is this a problem
with my Veritas Backup Exec software?  Why
does this session stay in the system?

Session 24806:    Type=Node,   Id=LA4701S001BE
   Platform=LA4701S001, NodeId=119, Owner=LA4701S001
   SessType=4, Index=1, TermReason=0
   RecvWaitTime=0.000  (samples=0)
   Backup  Objects ( bytes )  Inserted: 0 ( 0.0 )
   Backup  Objects ( bytes )  Restored: 1 ( 0.1035 )
   Archive Objects ( bytes )  Inserted: 0 ( 0.0 )
   Archive Objects ( bytes ) Retrieved: 0 ( 0.0 )
   Last Verb ( EndTxn ), Last Verb State ( Sent )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Joe