ADSM-L

Re: LTO Write Error

2002-07-21 08:33:09
Subject: Re: LTO Write Error
From: Sascha Askani <se7en_t_2 AT GMX DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:31:33 +0200
Hi Andreas,

please check what SCSI-Adapter you are using and which type of 3581 (there
are two types: 3581-L17 (LVD) and -H17 (HVD)).
Check that you don't connect the Library to a Single-Ended Bus, it is not
recommended by the manual (page 12: "Although the LVD/SE hardware in the
3581 Tape Autoloader Model L1x is capable of operating in the single-ended
(SE) mode, SE operation is not recommended or supported.") and caused me
problems with an IBM 3600 Library (which originally is an HP C7200).
Labelling worked but when I tried to write Datam I received similar errors.

Ah, and try setting "LANG=AMENG" in your dsmserv.opt to receive english
actlogs, this would help receiving help from this mailing-list :)

Greetings

Sascha