ADSM-L

Scheduling back up for laptops

2002-07-19 12:24:58
Subject: Scheduling back up for laptops
From: Ray Pratts <rpratts AT SWBELL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:24:22 -0500
I have several laptops that are not always connected to our network.
I'd like to have them backup, once a day, if the laptops are
connected.   Scheduling does not work because there is not a definite
time that each user arrives at the office.  The way I have it set it up
is with a batch file in the startup folder. Some laptops are restarted
multiple times a day.  This results in multiple backups in one day.
I've not found anything in the manuals for triggering these backups only
once a day when the users connects.  Any ideas are appreciated