ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore for TSM

2002-07-19 01:43:27
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore for TSM
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:41:54 +0200
Hi

I was in contact with Veritas only a few weeks ago, and I can insure you that
they are still developing the product (and supporting it) for TSM. We've got
two large customers running approx. 70 BMR clients, and I don't think Veritas
is interested in making this customers unhappy. I also know that Tivoli has
sold a large number of BMR licenses, so the product is wide spread.

However, as this is a forum for TSM, a lot of people is worried, as Veritas is
the formost competitor to Tivoli.

As I see it, Veritas has nothing to gain by removing support for TSM in BMR. As
it is now, Veritas can sell products to customers that they normally don't sell
anything to, customers that belong to Veritas formost competitor.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB