ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled TSM Policy Will Not Run

2002-07-17 17:00:54
Subject: Re: Scheduled TSM Policy Will Not Run
From: KEN HORACEK <KHORACEK AT INCSYSTEM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:58:42 -0400
Andy,
You are correct, when I do the q sch in dsmc, the node name is DAVINCI.

Ok perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree.  I do not need a "new node name"
(BACKUP_DAVINCI_DAILY), the node name DAVINCI is perfectly acceptable and is,
in fact, in use by the current backup policy/schedule.

Can I share this node with a new policy that I am defining?  How?

When I get to the point where I select a node to associate with the new backup
policy/schedule, and enter DAVINCI, I get the message(s)...

ANR2653W Node DAVINCI cannot be processed because it is not registered or does
not belong to the specified domain.
ANR2625E No matching nodes registered in policy domain
UNIX_SERVER_DAVINCI_DAILY.

Thanks again for your patients with me.........

Ken
khoracek AT incsystem DOT com

>>> storman AT US.IBM DOT COM 07/17/2002 8:54:44 AM >>>
Ken, it looks like your schedule is for node BACKUP_DAVINCI_DAILY, while
your node name is just DAVINCI.

Try this:

1) Run the admin CLI (command line interface) in console mode:

   dsmadmc -console

2) Run the backup-archive client to query the scheduler:

   dsmc q sch

What node name shows up in the admin console? My guess is it will be
DAVINCI. If so, then you need to update the nodename setting in your
dsm.sys file.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

KEN HORACEK <KHORACEK AT INCSYSTEM DOT COM>
07/17/2002 07:59