ADSM-L

Re: RTFM question, asking your forgiveness in advance

2002-07-17 10:26:27
Subject: Re: RTFM question, asking your forgiveness in advance
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:08:25 -0400
dsmc restore "/pathname/*" -subdir=yes -replace=yes

thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
                      Nancy Ames
                      Nancy Ames
                      <nlames@GUNDLUTH.        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ORG>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  RTFM question, asking
your forgiveness in advance
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/17/2002 10:02
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Folks,
Having been up for 51 plus hours trying to restore a Novell server, I will
ask your forgiveness for posing this question to the group.

I want to restore one directory with its subdirectories for users in
multiple directories using the command line interface and can't get the
syntax right.

The directory is

vol1:users\%unique sitenames%\%unique usernames%\notes (and all its
subdirs)

What is the syntax?

dsmc restore vol1:users\*\*\notes\* -subdir=y -replace=y

and every other combination my tired brain can think of are not working.

Thank you.

n.