ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle and TSM

2002-07-16 15:18:38
Subject: Re: Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle and TSM
From: Shawn Bierman <BiermanS AT METHODISTHEALTH DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:15:56 -0500
I don't think there is a way to use TDP without RMAN, but you can use RMAN
without TDP. We are using the RMAN and TDP here. I think it performs rather
well. If you already have TDP, RMAN comes free with Oracle, so there  really
shouldn't be a cost issue. RMAN does a lot of different things in the
background when backing up the Oracle database, checks for corruption of the
datafiles when backing them up is one. It also does not put the datafiles in
backup mode, which creates more activity and redo of the database, so it
actually has less overhead than the traditional method of online backups for
oracle.

If you need anymore info, just let me know.

Mike Borden