ADSM-L

Scheduled TSM Policy Will Not Run

2002-07-15 14:20:52
Subject: Scheduled TSM Policy Will Not Run
From: KEN HORACEK <KHORACEK AT INCSYSTEM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:03:51 -0400
Hi,
I'm new to TSM & AIX (so new that, last month I could not spell TSM nor AIX).
So here's my dilemma.
A consultant, no longer available to us, installed TSM for AIX V4 R2 L1.11 and
set-up a single profile for server back-ups (5 servers).  I have been assigned
the task of replacing this process with 5 separate and distinct policy(s), one
for each server.  Using the "Quick Start" manual (GC35-0402-01) I was able to
work through "Creating a New Policy" and "Automating Client Operations', or so
I thought.  The new policy does not run and I receive the following message on
the TSM server.

ANR2578W Schedule DAVINCI_BACKUP_DAILY in domain
                       UNIX_SERVER_DAVINCI_DAILY for node BACKUP_DAVINCI_DAILY
                       has missed its scheduled start up window.

What did I miss?  Where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to lead me through the process, or just
clear up the error of my ways.

Ken
khoracek AT incsystem DOT com