ADSM-L

solaris experts plz help

2002-07-10 19:13:33
Subject: solaris experts plz help
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:14:16 -0700
Below is the output of my server's probe-scsi-all.. I have 2 ATL M1500 LTO
libraries with 2 drives each, and one HP 1200ex optical library with 10
optical drives. I need to populate the "mt.conf", "lb.conf", and "op.conf"
files accordingly but what I've done doesn't seem to be working. When doing
the add_drv command, it loads the device driver but then fails to attach.
When I do add_drv for "op" it works but I only get a "0op" and "1op" so I'm
not sure why it didn't pick up 10 drives.

So my first question is, what do I put in the various conf files? I'm not as
familiar with solaris so could use some help. Currently my files look like
this:

Lb.conf

      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=5 lun=0;
      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=4 lun=0;
      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=4 lun=1;

Op.conf

      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=4 lun=0;
      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=4 lun=1;

Mt.conf

      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=5 lun=0;
      Name="lb" class="scsi"
            Target=4 lun=0;

Probe-scsi-all:

/pci@1f,2000/pci@1/scsi@5
Target 0
  Unit 0   Removable Medium changer    M4 DATA MagFile         2.10
Target 1
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     HP      Ultrium 1-SCSI  E15V
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     HP      Ultrium 1-SCSI  E15V

/pci@1f,2000/pci@1/scsi@4
Target 0
  Unit 0   Removable Medium changer    M4 DATA MagFile         2.10
Target 1
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     HP      Ultrium 1-SCSI  E15V
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     HP      Ultrium 1-SCSI  E15V

/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 3
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 4
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 5
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 6
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 8     HP      C1107J          1.40

/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4
Target 1
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 3
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 4
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 5
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10
Target 6
  Unit 0   Removable Device type 7     HP      C1113J          1.10

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.
925.598.3099 (w)