ADSM-L

Backup a W2K Domain Controller?

2002-07-10 18:25:05
Subject: Backup a W2K Domain Controller?
From: Jon Adams <Jon.Adams AT PREMERA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:24:33 -0700
Here's an interesting question:  why would you want to backup a DC,
especially where you have a DC (W2K) or two in every remote site of the WAN?
Why/what would you ever restore that you wouldn't get from the other domain
controllers if one or even a few are down?

I ask this because my theory is "when in doubt, backup it up".  At a couple
hundred dollars a license it seems a reasonable assurance policy (depending
on the budget, of course).  Another theory applies here as well, "backup
everything, exclude only as needed, even if that client options set gets
pretty big".

Jon R. Adams
IT IPS BST Infrastructure
Premera Blue Cross