ADSM-L

Re: TSM storage problem

2002-07-09 16:23:51
Subject: Re: TSM storage problem
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:21:53 -0500
Did all that.  Everything looks fine.  It's all Read/Write.
Here's a silly question.  Would this problem occure is, say, the license
check failed?
I just noticed that it says

Server License Compliance: FAILED

Is this the problem?  I'd think this would be a different error.

sim

Gerald Wichmann wrote:

Do a "q vol f=d" and check the "Access" field on your disk volumes. They
should all be "ReadWrite". If they are "ReadOnly" then this would explain
why TSM isn't writing to them and telling you the storage pool is full even
though at first glance it appears it isn't.

TSM can change the access automatically to "ReadOnly" or even something else
if an event occurs the warrents it. E.g. if TSM loses access to the
filesystem It's likely to mark all the volumes on that filesystem to
"unavailable". There are also cases where it'll change it to some of the
other values. To see why it did so you have to scan through the activity log
(e.g. do a "q act begind=today-7 search=sp1" or something similar).

The other possibility is the max size threshold which someone else
mentioned. Also, although remote, check the stgpool access parameter (q stg
f=d) to ensure it's readwrite.

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.