ADSM-L

Re: TSM storage problem

2002-07-09 15:12:07
Subject: Re: TSM storage problem
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:10:09 -0400
Two quick suggestions.

1.  Your pool seems to be named STORAGE.. Run this command:
q stg STORAGE f=d, and look at the field "Maximum Size Threshold"
If it says "No Limit" then ok there.  Else this is the maximum size
of a file/object that can be sent to this pool.

2.. What is the node you are trying to backup?  If it is an Oracle DB
or similar, it may indeed br trying to send a file or files at once that are
larger than the available space in your disk pool.  Basically the solution
to that is to increase size of disk pool or have pool emptier when this
node backs up.  (Lower MIGRATION to empty the disk pool).

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM 07/09/02 02:35PM >>>
We just got a TSM server up and running (still in a testing phase but
it's running).
I recently tried to backup a new node I created and got this error -
ANS1329S Server out of data storage space

Now, the server only has an 80GB partition for data storage at the
moment.  That is split into 7 10GB files and one 4GB.
The 4GB is 95% full but the others are around 30 - 40% full.

Storage pool info --

STORAGE       DISK             76,480.0      41.7      41.7       90      70

X:\SERVER1\SP1               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
34.2     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP2               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
41.0     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP3               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
37.8     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP4               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
34.0     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP5               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
31.4     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP6               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
39.0     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP7               STORAGE       DISK            10,240.0
49.1     On-Line
X:\SERVER1\SP8               STORAGE       DISK             4,800.0
96.4     On-Line

Why would I get this error if there is more than enough room for a backup?
I'm new to TSM administration so maybe I'm missing something.

sim
And keep in mind it could be something REALLY stupid that I just forgot
about.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/09/2002 03:11:30 PM
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.