ADSM-L

Re: Reclaiming LTO Tapes

2002-07-08 14:21:34
Subject: Re: Reclaiming LTO Tapes
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:19:28 -0500
Etienne,

If you spread your volumes over multiple disks like I do, you might want
to define private FILE volumes for the disk pool (that is, zero scratch
volumes).  That gives me full control over where the volume files are
located.   Otherwise TSM will allocate all volumes from the first drive in
the set until that drive fills up.

In addition, you have to think of the number of simultaneous mounts.  In
my case, twelve mounts is adequate to support a total of about 120 nodes
during the entire backup window.  At this writing, six of those volumes
are in "filling" status so I assume there have never been more than six
mounted at any one point.

Otherwise, no special consideration.  It just works.

Tab

Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
07/05/2002 09:15 AM