ADSM-L

Re: TSM DBBackup

2002-07-08 09:32:05
Subject: Re: TSM DBBackup
From: Bill Wheeler <Bill.Wheeler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:30:17 -0400
Currently we run our archive to a Magstar 3570 tape subsystem.  Once the
archive is complete we run the DBBackup to a new 3570 scratch tape.  The
issue is that the DBBackup is so small at this point; we are looking at
options to find a way to back it up differently.  On an LTO tape we might us
1 to 2 GB, and cannot see wasting 98 GB (uncompressed).  If we could put
both the archive and DBBackup on one cartridge that is the way we would go.
If not, can the DBBackup be put to a flat file where it can be restored
from?  We would like to make sure it is the same type of tape volume that we
are using, we just want to make sure that it is cost effective.

Bill Wheeler
PDM Administrator