ADSM-L

Questions on TDP for SQL Server Setup

2002-07-08 03:40:31
Subject: Questions on TDP for SQL Server Setup
From: "Claudia Mºller" <claudia.mueller AT UBS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:37:21 +0200
hi,

I have to setup TSM Server for an MsSql Client with TDP for SQL and I have a
couple of problems. Can anybody help me?

1. The Redbook recommends to save Meta data to a Disk Pool. I did not find any
hint about the size of this Diskpool. Can anybody tell me what size I should
setup? Is it any percentage of the database size?

2. My Customer would like to restore individual tables as well, is this
supported with TDP SQL? If so how do I do this?

3. I am in big doubt how to setup the include/exclude list, you can include
groups, files, data, meta. If I want to save the full database and its
structure (indexes, tables), how do I setup this include/exclude list?

4. I tried to schedule the backup with the TSM backup/archive client scheduler
created with dsmcutil, like described in the Redbook. I worked with server
prompted backup. It failed, the TSM Activity log says because objects are in
use. If I do a backup from the TDP SQL GUI it works. What do I miss? should I
better use client polling?

thanks

Claudia