ADSM-L

Re: Image backup of a W2K machine

2002-07-03 07:46:14
Subject: Re: Image backup of a W2K machine
From: Rosa Leung/Toronto/IBM <rosal AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:44:29 -0400
By saying  Image backup,  is this  ARCHIVE command,   and  you mentioned
image agent for win2k, does this code comes with the package or it is extra
piece, and does this by default to install or it is optional,  can you talk
a little bit more,  and which version includes this feature?   Thanks.

Rosa Leung

                      mephi (劉禹賢)

                      <mephi AT IBN.COM DOT TW        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Image backup of a
W2K machine
                      Dist Stor

                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      .EDU>

                      07/03/2002 05:06

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

Image backup cannot be perform on system volume, like c:
to use image backup, you must install the image agent for win2k
(included in client program)
then start its service up, reboot, then you can perform image backup
manual or in schedule.
To rebuild your crash win2k, you have to build a new OS with tsm client,
then restore image (just like d:),
files of system volume, and system object.