ADSM-L

Multiple SAN sessions cause wierd things

2002-07-01 10:44:39
Subject: Multiple SAN sessions cause wierd things
From: John Freeman <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:42:56 +0100
Hi TSMers

I need some serious help here as this one has me totally confused.

I have a Windows 2000 TSM server (4.2.2.5), 3583 with SDG, 2109 Switch and
FasTt500.

SAN agents are all correctly loaded etc.

Heres the problem:

When one SAN client is backing up to the server a tape is mounted in the first
drive of the LTO library and the client backs up. Slow, but it still backs up.

When a second SAN client connects, a scratch tape is loaded in the second tape
drive (two drives only) and the normal activity of searching on the tape takes
place. BUT, then a strange thing happens. The tape in the second drive is
dismounted and another scratch tape is loaded.

This happens until all scratch tapes are used up and the sessions finally
fails. In the process all the tapes are changed from scratch to private.

Someone please help me here. I am desperate.

Rgds
John