ADSM-L

Incremental failure - NFS?

2002-07-01 06:13:14
Subject: Incremental failure - NFS?
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:11:32 +0000
All,

Over the weekend I have seen that if an NFS filesystem is not working
properly then incremental backups will not work.

This happened on 3 AIX 4.3.3 servers which lost some of their NFS mounts,
i.e. df command was hanging on them. If I tried to do incrementals but they
just sat there doing nothing.  After rebooting one server, it forgot about
the NFS mounts, i.e. df command completed ok,  then incrementals on it ran
fine.

Is this the expected behaviour of TSM client?
(TSM client is 4.1.3 , TSM server is 4.1.5)

Regards

Chris