ADSM-L

Re: TSM server doesn't comeup.

2002-07-01 01:20:04
Subject: Re: TSM server doesn't comeup.
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:12:05 +0800
Hi I have a problem performing a tape library audit. It's a 3575-L18 library
as
reported via tapeutil.

The library refuses to audit either in a audit library with checklabel=yes
or checklabel=no. The process appears but the library never acts on it.
Actlog just
shows that the process was started.

I'd expect the library to start loading and checking tape volume labels, but
it
just sits there.

An init element status works.

Any ideas? Places to start looking?

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server ADSM_BBS: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
  Server date/time: 07/01/02   13:04:54  Last access: 07/01/02   12:49:52

tsm: ADSM_BBS>q proc

 Process     Process Description      Status

  Number

--------     --------------------
   2,444     AUDIT LIBRARY            ANR8459I Auditing volume inventory for
   2,444     AUDIT LIBRARY            ANR8459I Auditing volume inventory for
library
                                       OURLIBRARY.

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
                                                disclose or use the information
contained in it. If you have
        received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
        return email and delete the document.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.