ADSM-L

Re: Offsite Storage of Copy Stgpool Tapes

2002-06-27 17:06:11
Subject: Re: Offsite Storage of Copy Stgpool Tapes
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:04:26 -0400
Hi Chet,

I don't have drm either; here is what I do.

Run an update volume command; it lists every volume it updates.
Capture the output to create eject commands.  You can add 'preview=yes'
to the command to test it.

The update volume command is --

upd v * acc=offsite wherestg=<copypool_name> whereacc=readw wherest=ful,fil

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell

Ps. My son goes to RPI, but I don't think he has ever backed up!  (grrrrr)
And he lost his harddrive in January! (double grrrr)

At 03:36 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We're in the process of creating off-site copies of our primary stgpools.
>I've copied primary stgpools to copy stgpools, and have events scheduled to
>keep the copy stgpools up to date.
>
>Now, I need to figure out the mechanics of moving the copy tapes offsite,
>and keeping track of them.
>
>We don't have Disaster Recovery Manager licensed, so that limits our
>options somewhat.
>
>Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
>Chet Osborn
>Staff Systems Programmer