ADSM-L

GOD What am I happy with TSM - visited a Legato presentation :(

2002-06-25 16:59:52
Subject: GOD What am I happy with TSM - visited a Legato presentation :(
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:55:33 +0200
HI folks, I never understood why our customers who migrate from for example
Legato to TSM are such happy people.

NOW I KNOW!

Today somebody of Legato announced their new product: Alphastor.

With this product you can do on-site and offsite tape rotation? *huh* do we
have this for years allready with and without DRM? Oh is this the same as
DRM? No Legato only tells you which tapes had to go to where. And they
share like Gresham does libraries and drives.... I asked what the benefit
was... he could not tell me. He kept talking about Disaster Recovery... I
asked if they do something to help me build up my crashed server... No you
have to do yourself :(

And the biggest laugh I had when they announced that this product gives you
the ability to do backup thu a firewall.. Oh someone asked in the room, why
is this not in the Networker product? The speaker answered: You have to
understand we have a very complex code and such things are not just build
in so easy... * lol * I allmost start crying from laughing...... I
whispered to the guy : pssst: codename " webports ", he whispered back: "
is that a function in Networker?" I said no : Call me and I give you a demo
of TSM which has all these things standard built-in.... the looked sad
after I was done whispering lol.......

Anyhow I feel sorry for all those people who has to live with Legato and
how they have to do DRM and such stuff... I did not even asked when they
explained to the audience - day - week - month - year backup why they
backup data which is not even changed........ How in heavens name can
someone buy this crap!

I hope you can have a good laugh when you look at their new product.... I
will not visit such a event anymore, not good for me :) Make me laugh to
much...